Your gift covers all or part of a pastor’s 12-week Finding Traction Course which includes weekly small group gatherings and homework. This course’s introductory rate is $250 and is not covered by insurance.
There are no administrative/credit card fees. When you give to sponsor a pastor, every penny goes to a scholarship fund for a pastor who is experiencing either financial hardship or in need of temporary discretion.
Let me briefly expand on those two points:
- Financial Hardship – Sexual addiction quickly becomes expensive, and that’s before treatment begins. Financial hardship is often the wake-up call a pastor needs to address their behavior. Yes, they got themselves into this hole. You can help them get out. They will be a better spouse and pastor on the other side.
- Temporary Discretion – Secrets from spouses are never a good thing. Addiction thrives in secrecy. Therefore it is essential to emphasize the temporary aspect of these scholarships. However, sometimes, the foundational skills developed in the course are necessary before a pastor is able to confess. All pastors who receive a temporary discretion scholarship will agree to confess their addiction to their significant other before the 12-week program finishes. If they don’t, they will have to refund the $250 which will return to the scholarship fund.
Every Finding Traction Course graduate is encouraged to give back to the scholarship fund once they are able.
Note: I am not a registered non-profit therefore this is not a tax-deductible donation. Please don’t hesitate to contact your local church and see if they will accept a designated offering that will go to sponsoring a pastor.
The Finding Traction Course
I believe therapy, 12-Step groups, intensives, and apps like R-Tribe are all important tools in the recovery process. However, what I learned the hard way, is that until four foundations are in place, it’s hard to find any traction in the recovery process. Those foundations, which are at the heart of the Finding Traction Course are:
- A grace-based faith revolving around Jesus.
- The ability to receive love and acceptance.
- Engaged, identified, and expressed emotions.
- The capability of vulnerability.
Consider these four foundations the wheels of a four-wheel drive vehicle. Unless all four wheels touch the ground and engage, it’s almost impossible to gain traction and move forward. Thus the Finding Traction Course, which is specifically designed to use personal study and small group exercises to nurture these foundations in the lives of pastors.
Sponsor a Pastor You Know
Perhaps you personally know a pastor struggling with sex addiction. While you are welcome to designate your gift, please talk with your pastor before sending money or any personal information.
I know that conversation won’t be easy, so if you need help sorting out how to talk with your pastor, please use the contact form below to start a conversation and we can discern a strategy together.
If you’ve had this conversation and your gift is designated for a specific pastor, please provide their name and phone number/email address in the “order notes” at checkout.
Thank You Again!
Again, simply for visiting this page, thank you. You reading this shows that you care about pastors. It also means you recognize the sexual challenges many of them are facing. Most importantly, it means you want to respond to a pastor’s struggle with grace and love … which is exactly what they need!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, or if you would like to talk directly before making a donation.