There are a number of common pastor questions. They include:
- What’s a pastor?
- Why would I need a pastor?
- Where do I find one when I need one?
I’m Pastor Joe Burnham, and I have some answers.
What’s a Pastor?
- a minister in charge of a Christian church or congregation.
- be pastor of (a church or a congregation).
- (especially of land or a farm) used for or related to keeping or grazing of sheep or cattle.
- (in the Christian Church) concerning or appropriate to the giving of spiritual guidance.
Pastor (Joe Burnham)
- a husband, father, friend, neighbor, recovering addict, and Denverite
- a former Lutheran pastor who now serves a non-geographic group of people
- a shepherd of hearts and souls
- a giver of spiritual guidance for those who don’t have a pastor they call their own
- the guy you must contact if you’re getting married in Denver or the Rocky Mountains
Why Would I Need a Pastor?
There are a number of reasons people who don’t have a pastor of their own might need one:
- If you’re an academic, you know how hard it is to find your voice. You know what it’s like to have an editor look like they bled all over your work. It can be disheartening and what you really need, is someone to come alongside you and help you find your voice and maximize your impact. That’s when you need Pastor Joe who has an academic mind and a pastoral heart.
- Where does a pastor go when a pastor needs a pastor? Ministry is often lonely. Gatherings with your peers are pressure-cookers when you have to display confidence and success. A sense of duty rips you away from home and the people you love. The pull of addictive escapes shreds your soul. You need someone safe. Someone gracious. Someone who’s been there and is willing to walk with you as you seek a better way. You need me.
- Perhaps you’re getting married in Denver or the Rocky Mountains and need someone to officiate the ceremony. Couples love the weddings I’ve done!
- Or maybe you’re churchless and have a history of spiritual abuse that you’re trying to work through. It could be that you’re looking for something tangible to hang your spirituality on. I’ve been there and can walk with you through this journey.